|I’m investigating the features, functionality and the overall way online dating sites communicate with users over here, and thought it would be interesting to note my responses to the questions people ask me here.
What excites you about your life?
1. Marching to my own drum, which is really about defining how to spend my day/week/year at work and leisure.
2. Riding my bicycle to work.
3. Planning long excursions overseas.
4. The possibility of living abroad.
5. Books in general, but reading about culture and tips about how to navigate through the world is exciting to me.
6. Connecting disparate dots between my life and my work.
7. Empowering and connecting people to the others that can help make ideas come to life.
What would you change, if anything?
1. Be more patient in general and less hard on my self.
2. Complete ideas/stuff more often.
3. Have less inhibition.
4. Be more mindful throughout my day.
If you had the opportunity to speak with a family member who is
no longer living?
I’d like to talk to my Dad’s Dad, Robert. We called him ‘Popsy.’ He was born in Glasgow Scotland, moved to London at 14 and made his way to America sometime in his 30s. He seems to have been a really interesting man — he allegedly played semi-pro soccer in England, wrote well, drank hard and fell in love with many different women (He got married 4 times I think).
What would you ask them?
* Tell me about what it was like to migrating alone from Scotland to England when you were only 14 years old.
* Who inspired you in your life?
* What kind of books did you read?
* Tell me about the first time you fell in love.
* What was my father’s mother like?
What would you want them to
know about you?
* I’m big on bicycles (I think because of you. After all, you taught me how to ride a bike when I was only 3 or 4 years old).
* I’m big on traveling and women.
* I don’t drink as much as you did.
* I do good work that for the most part I enjoy.
* I’m pretty much still single at 32.